The Stitchless Bucket is a modern classic. Elegant with minimal detailing, it is the perfect carry-all bag. This bag is constructed entirely by weaving the leather pieces together and fixing a few, strategically-placed rivets for strength. No sewing machines or hand stitching is involved.
Dimensions of finished bag
25cm (10”) wide by 25cm (10”) high by 25cm (10”) deep.
The strap is adjustable with a solid brass buckle and measures 95cm (37”) at shortest/120cm (47”) at longest.
The PDF download will need to be printed onto an A1 piece of paper.
The pattern is also available in paper format here.
You can choose to buy the straps pre-cut and finished to the correct size and all the metal hardware needed.
You will need
- You will need approximately 0.5m ² / 4 feet ² of thick yet supple
leather for the front, back and bottom sections of the bag (1.6mm
to 2mm thickness / 4 to 5 oz is perfect).
- You will need thicker, more rigid leather (2mm to 3mm
thickness / 6 to 8 oz is perfect) for the straps and cord. The
drawstring cord should be 115cm by about 5mm / 45” by 0.2”.
- Vegetable tanned shoulder leather is perfect for all the straps whilst
a more supple shoulder or half hide is perfect for the body of the
bag. The thickness and how supple or rigid the leather is will greatly
impact the final form of your bag.
• 1 x buckle measuring 2cm/0.8” wide.
• 2 x o rings measuring 2cm/0.8” diameter.
• 10 (plus extra for practising) x 8mm to 10mm / 0.3” to 0.4”
double capped rivets (the length of the rivets will depend on the
thickness of your leather - test out on scrap leather to ensure a snug fit).
These items are essential
• 1 x sharp craft knife, stanley knife or scalpel. Fresh blades will
make cutting the leather much easier.
• 1 x leather workers awl.
• 1 x long metal ruler.
• 1 x 14mm/0.55” oblong hole punch.
• 1 x 2mm/0.07” round hole punch.
• 1 x 5mm/0.2” round hole punch.
• 1 x rivet setting tool that fits the cap size of your rivets.
• 1 x hammer/mallet
• 1 x old plastic chopping board or cutting mat.
• work on a sturdy surface for cutting and hole punching.
This is a nice to have item!
• 1 x strap end punch (2cm/0.8” width).