YOUR DIY CLOG KIT INCLUDES:
- European made ergonomic clog soles crafted from sustainably-grown lime
- beautiful Italian leather in your chosen colours
- paper pattern of your chosen style
- scalpel and spare blades for defined, clean cutting
- leather awl to make stitch holes
- leather saddlers needle and premium waxed thread
- leather hole punches to make buckle holes
- solid brass buckle
- solid brass tacks to secure the leather uppers to the sole
- specialist soling glue
- block of wood to practice hammering in the tacks
- detailed step by step instructions with clear illustrations
- access code to a make along video tutorial
YOU WILL NEED TO SOURCE:
- a hammer
- a pair of scissors
- a cutting mat/piece of old lino
- a metal ruler
- some matches/a lighter
AN INTERMEDIATE MAKE AT HOME PROJECT
This kit comes with almost everything you need to make a beautiful pair of leather sandal clogs. Fully illustrated step by step instructions and a make along video tutorial support you through each stage of this project. This make requires a degree of strength in the hands and may not be suitable for people with reduced mobility or strength in their hands (cutting/sewing leather and hammering in the tacks is hard work!). You will first cut out the leather uppers from a pattern before making stitching holes and buckle holes with specialist leather tools which are provided. You will then sew on the solid brass buckle before glueing the leather to the wooden soles. Finally, you will hammer in solid brass tacks to attach the leather to the soles. Build yourself a pair of new summer ready clogs!
SIZES OF THE SOLES
EU 35 = 23.6cm long
EU 36 = 24.2cm long
EU 37 = 24.8cm long
EU 38 = 25.4cm long
EU 39 = 26cm long
EU 40 = 26.6cm long
EU 41 = 27.2cm long
EU 42 = 27.8cm long
EU 43 = 28.4cm long
CAREFULLY SOURCED MATERIALS
All the leather we use is a by-product of the European food industry and comes from an Italian tannery. You have a choice of colours of smooth and grainy Italian leather. The smooth leather is tanned with chrome and other minerals in a responsible way just outside Rome. The grainy leather is tanned purely with vegetable tannins (the most environmentally sustainable way) in Tuscany, Italy.
We have carefully sourced the very best leathers we can find. Leather is a natural product. Every hide is unique and will have tonal variations, marks or scars which are natural features of the leather.
The wooden soles are made by a family-run factory in Sweden from sustainably grown alder. These soles are made for the medical profession and are ergonomically designed to ensure the best anatomical posture. They are incredibly comfy.
WHEN WILL MY KIT BE DELIVERED?
Pre-order will be open for just 1 week. Kits will be sent out the week beginning the 28th June.
Each of the wooden soles are made to order by a family-owned factory in Sweden. Pre-ordering helps small businesses like mine manage stock and ensures zero wastage. I will aim to get all the kits out in the week of the 28th June and will send them out in the order they were purchased.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.