Make Your Own Sneakers in a Day Workshop
Join me on in my Bristol studio for a day of making and craft yourself your own pair of bespoke leather sneakers. This is a fun yet challenging day of learning new skills. The class size is limited to a maximum of 4 people to ensure you get plenty of one to one attention!
If you'd like to do this workshop together with friends and would like to choose your own weekday date, please get in touch with Esther firstname.lastname@example.org. Minimum of 2 people/ max of 4 people for bespoke dates.
YOU WILL LEARN
You will first cut out the leather uppers from a pattern before making stitching holes and lacing holes with specialist leather tools which are provided. You will then have the option to sew on additional details and fix metal eyelets on the lacing holes. Finally, you will hand sew the leather uppers to the rubber soles. Build yourself a pair of new sneakers! This workshop requires a degree of strength in the hands and may not be suitable for people with reduced mobility or strength in their hands (cutting/sewing leather can be hard work!).
- How to cut out leather from a pattern
- How to punch holes in leather
- How to use a variety of leatherwork tools
- How to hand stitch leather
- How to fix metal eyelets
- How to sew the leather upper to the rubber sole
Leather Needle Thread, Studio 2, Apperley Studios, 1 St Andrews Road, Bristol, BS6 5EH
- A choice of 2 styles of sneaker - lo top and hi top
- A wide range of responsibly-sourced Italian coloured leather to choose from
- Solid brass buckles and tacks
- Recycled nylon leatherworkers thread
- White rubber sneaker soles.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits
- You will need to bring a packed lunch or else there are lots of fabulous cafe's nearby for lunch
Please let me know what size sole you'd like when booking.
Low stock: 3 left