Choose from 3 bag shapes and loads of coloured leather and learn how to craft your own leather bag using a semi industrial sewing machine. You will be able to emboss the bag with your name or initials. Your bag will be unlined and will be made from beautiful vegetable tanned leather.
You will learn how to:
- cut leather from a pattern
- prepare, skive and glue leather ready for sewing
- sew leather with a semi-industrial sewing machine
- set rivets
- emboss leather to personalise it with your name or initials
- fit buckles and other fastening
- use a variety of traditional leatherwork tools
This is an intensive days work, and it is a great introduction to working and machine sewing leather. At the end of the day, you will have gained so many new skills AND you will have made yourself a beautiful new leather bag!