Make your own small shoulder bag from leather with no stitching. Using only rivets, weaving and lacing techniques this is a great introduction to leatherwork. You will be able to choose from a selection of Italian vegetable tanned leather and to emboss it with your name or other words to personalise it. The bags are small shoulder style bags, made from hard vegetable tanned leather and are unlined.
You will learn how to
- cut leather from a pattern using a scalpe
- hole punch leather
- leather lacing techniques
- set rivets and other fastenings
- emboss leather to personalise it with your name or initials
- use a variety of traditional leatherwork tools
This workshop takes place at 2 different venues - during the daytime, it takes place in Redland, at the Leather Needle Thread Studio (email for details) and during evening and at weekends, it takes place in Old Market at the Bristol Textile Quarter.