YOUR KIT INCLUDES
- European made ergonomic clog soles crafted from sustainably-grown lime
- beautiful Italian leather in your chosen colours
- paper pattern of your chosen style
- spare blades for defined, clean cutting
- premium waxed thread
- solid brass buckles
- solid brass tacks to secure the leather uppers to the sole
- specialist soling glue
THIS KIT DOES NOT INCLUDE
- scalpel handle
- leather hole punch to make buckle holes
- leather awl to make stitch holes
- leather saddlers needle
- block of wood to practice hammering in the tacks
- detailed step by step instructions booklet
- access code to a make along video tutorial
- a hammer/mallet
- a pair of scissors
- a metal ruler
- matches or a lighter
- a sturdy table or hard surface protected by some lino or a plastic chopping board to work on
AN INTERMEDIATE MAKE AT HOME PROJECT
This kit comes with all the consumable materials needed to make another beautiful pair of leather sandal clogs. You can make yourself another pair of clogs in a different style or colour or make them as a gift for a friend. You will need to have purchased a Clog Kit previously as this Materials Refill Kit will not include the necessary tools nor give you access to the video tutorial or the instructions booklet. This make requires a degree of strength in the hands and may not be suitable for people with reduced mobility or strength in their hands (cutting/sewing leather and hammering in the tacks is hard work!). You will first cut out the leather uppers from a pattern before making stitching holes and buckle holes with specialist leather tools which are provided. You will then sew on the solid brass buckle before glueing the leather to the wooden soles. Finally, you will hammer in solid brass tacks to attach the leather to the soles. Build yourself a pair of new summer ready clogs!
SIZES OF THE SOLES
The wooden bases have a 8cm heel. They run a little small and narrow.
Please read the sizes carefully as the soles may differ to the ones you purchased previously.
- EU36 - 23cm long by 7.8cm at widest toe point
- EU37 - 23.5cm long by 7.9cm at widest toe point
- EU38 - 24cm long by 8cm at widest toe point
- EU39 - 24.5cm long by 8.1cm at widest toe point
- EU40 - 25cm long by 8.2cm at widest toe point
- EU41 - 25.5.3cm long by 8.3cm at widest toe point
CAREFULLY SOURCED MATERIALS
All the leather we use is a by-product of the European food industry and comes from an Italian tannery. You have a choice of colours of smooth and grainy Italian leather. The smooth leather is tanned with chrome and other minerals in a responsible way just outside Rome. The grainy leather is tanned purely with vegetable tannins (the most environmentally sustainable way) in Tuscany, Italy.
We have carefully sourced the very best leathers we can find. Leather is a natural product. Every hide is unique and will have tonal variations, marks or scars which are natural features of the leather.
The wooden soles are sourced from Sweden from sustainably grown lime wood. These soles are made for the medical profession and are ergonomically designed to ensure the best anatomical posture. They are incredibly comfy.