The Stitchless Mini Bag is the perfect small cross body bag. This bag is constructed entirely by weaving the leather pieces together and fixing a few, strategically-placed rivets for strength. No sewing machines or hand stitching is involved.
YOUR KIT INCLUDES
- European made ergonomic clog soles crafted from sustainably-grown lime
- Beautiful Italian leather in your chosen colours
- Paper pattern of your chosen style
- Scalpel and spare blades for defined, clean cutting
- Leather awl to make stitch holes
- Leather saddlers needle and premium waxed thread
- Leather hole punches to make buckle holes
- Solid brass buckle
- Solid brass tacks to secure the leather uppers to the sole
- Specialist soling glue
- Block of wood to practice hammering in the tacks
- Detailed step by step instructions with clear illustrations
- Access code to a make along video tutorial
YOU WILL NEED
- You will need approximately 0.2m of thick yet supple leather for the front and back of the bag (1.2mm to 1.6mm thickness / 3 to 4 oz is perfect).
- You will also need 2 lengths of similar thickness leather for the straps and weaving pieces (about 1.3m by 4cm / 52” by 2”).
- The thickness and how supple or rigid the leather is will greatly impact the final form of your bag.
- 1 x buckle measuring 1.5cm/0.6” wide
- 1 x Sam Browne fitting
- 5 (plus extra for practising) x 6mm / 0.2” double capped rivets (the length of the rivets will depend on the thickness of your leather - test out on scrap leather to ensure a snug fit).
THESE ITEMS ARE ESSENTIAL
- 1 x sharp craft knife, stanley knife or scalpel. Fresh blades will make cutting the leather much easier.
- 1 x leather workers awl
- 1 x metal ruler
- 1 x 14mm/0.55” oblong hole punch
- 1 x 2mm/0.07” round hole punch
- 1 x 5mm/0.2” round hole punch
- 1 x rivet setting tool that fits the cap of your rivets
- 1 x hammer/mallet
- 1 x old plastic chopping board or cutting mat
- Work on a sturdy surface for cutting and hole punching.
THIS IS A NICE TO HAVE ITEM!
- 1 x strap end punch (2cm/0.8” width)
DIMENSIONS OF FINISHED ITEM
15cm (6”) wide by 4cm (1.5”) deep by 19cm (7.5”) high
The strap is adjustable with a buckle and measures 95cm (37”) at shortest/130cm (51”) at longest.
The pattern is also available in PDF format here.
You can choose to buy the straps pre-cut and finished to the correct size and all the metal hardware needed.