Stitchless Bucket Bag Paper Pattern
The Stitchless Bucket is a modern classic. Elegant with minimal detailing, it is the perfect carry-all bag. This bag is constructed entirely by weaving the leather pieces together and fixing a few, strategically-placed rivets for strength. No sewing machines or hand stitching is involved.
The pattern is also available in PDF format here.
You can choose to buy the straps pre-cut and finished to the correct size and all the metal hardware needed.
THE PATTERN PACK INCLUDES
- A1 paper pattern of all the components needed to construct the bucket bag
- Fully illustrated instructions on how to make the bag
- An access code to online video tutorial on how to make the bag
DIMENSIONS OF FINISHED ITEM
25cm (10”) wide by 25cm (10”) high by 25cm (10”) deep. The strap is adjustable with a solid brass buckle and measures 95cm (37”) at shortest/120cm (47”) at longest.
YOU WILL NEED
- You will need approximately 0.5m ² / 4 feet ² of thick yet supple leather for the front, back and bottom sections of the bag (1.6mmto 2mm thickness / 4 to 5 oz is perfect).
- You will also need thicker, more rigid leather (2mm to 3mm thickness / 6 to 8 oz is perfect) for the straps and cord. The drawstring cord should be 115cm by about 5mm / 45” by 0.2”.
- Vegetable tanned shoulder leather is perfect for all the straps whilst a more supple shoulder or half hide is perfect for the body of the bag. The thickness and how supple or rigid the leather is will greatly impact the final form of your bag.
- 1 x buckle measuring 2cm/0.8” wide
- 2 x o rings measuring 2cm/0.8” diameter
- 10 (plus extra for practicing) x 8mm to 10mm / 0.3” to 0.4” double capped rivets (the length of the rivets will depend on the thickness of your leather - test out on scrap leather to ensure a snug fit)
These Items are essential
- 1 x sharp craft knife, Stanley knife or scalpel. Fresh blades will make cutting the leather much easier.
- 1 x leather workers awl
- 1 x long metal ruler
- 1 x 14mm/0.55” oblong hole punch
- 1 x 2mm/0.07” round hole punch
- 1 x 5mm/0.2” round hole punch
- 1 x rivet setting tool that fits the cap size of your rivets
- 1 x hammer/mallet
- 1 x old plastic chopping board or cutting mat
- Work on a sturdy surface for cutting and hole punching
A nice to have item!
- 1 x strap end punch (2cm/0.8” width)
18 in stock
You may also like
Clog Making Kit - Low HeelsRegular price £160.00 GBPRegular priceUnit price per
£0.00 GBPSale price £160.00 GBP
COLOURBLOCK MINI BAG KITRegular price £75.00 GBPRegular priceUnit price per
STITCHLESS BUCKET BAG KITRegular price £195.00 GBPRegular priceUnit price per
£0.00 GBPSale price £195.00 GBP
MARBLE YOUR OWN GLASSES OR PENCIL CASE KITRegular price £42.00 GBPRegular priceUnit price per
£0.00 GBPSale price £42.00 GBP